The latest version of Visual Studio Community 2019 for Mac is now supported on MacinCloud Managed Servers with macOS Big Sur and later. This version of Visual Studio currently supports the latest version of Xamarin.iOS 184.108.40.206. Try a Mac Server with Visual Studio for Mac pre-installed by obtaining a Managed Server Plan to quickly get started!
If you do not see the latest version of Visual Studio for Mac installed on your server, please contact our Support Help Desk to request a software update.
- .NET Core SDKs have been updated to 5.0.404 and 3.1.415
- .NET will not be displayed in the New Project dialogue for .NET projects
- On M1 machines, the November releases of the .NET 5.0, 6.0 and .NET Core 3.1 x64 SDKs are not currently supported by Visual Studio for Mac 8.10
- Mono Framework MDK 220.127.116.11
- .Net Core SDK 5.0.403 and 3.1.415
- .Net Core Runtime 5.0.12 and 3.1.21
- Xamarin.Mac 18.104.22.168
- Xamarin.iOS 22.214.171.124
- Xamarin.Android 126.96.36.199
Visual Studio for Mac 188.8.131.52 is supported on macOS Big Sur and higher.
MacinCloud Managed Servers with macOS Catalina will be required to run Xamarin.iOS version v184.108.40.206 or below in order for Visual Studio to function properly. If you need a Xamarin.iOS version higher than 220.127.116.11 then you will need a macOS Big Sur.
Interested in MacinCloud Managed Servers?
Visit the Managed Server Plan page to obtain a Managed server.
Do you require full root/admin privileges on a MacinCloud Server?
Find out more about MacinCloud Dedicated Server Plans.